Kenwood Repair Facility

Subject: Kenwood Repair Facility
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 16:40:16 1994
I have a 930 that's on the fritz, so I asked the gang for suggestions.
Here's what I got:

Kenwood West Coast - GOOD
Yaesu - BAD
ICOM - GOOD
Kenwood West Coast - GOOD (2 week turnaround within Calif.)
Electronic Service Lab in Md. - GOOD / reasonably priced
Yaesu - "Don't know - they never break"
Kenwood East Coast - BAD /high priced / slow
Kenwood East Coast - GOOD
Kenwood West Coast - GOOD (Fixed a radio for $40 that had been pronounced
trash by local dealer service)
International Radio -BAD
Kenwood West Coast - GOOD but charge too much

That's it. It's very inconclusive, but I kinda expected that. It really
depends on your specific situation and your expectations. I decided based on
W3ZZ's glowing recommendations and a phone call to the guy, to send my radio
to Electronic Service Lab in Maryland. It is run by KA3LPC and his number is
(301) 845- 6949. If anyone is interested, I'll let you know how it turns out
when I get it back.

Thanks to: W3ZZ, KM9P, W1GD, NU6S, N4TQO, K5TSQ, AD6E
for their input.

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night -

Will AA4NC