ARRL_CW_score

Subject: ARRL_CW_score
From: barry@w2up.wells.com (barry@w2up.wells.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 20:35:29 1995
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1995

      Call: W2UP                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Unlimited

      BAND     QSO    COUNTRIES

      160       13       12      Inv vee @ 75 ft/NE Beverage
       80      130       45      3 el sloper array
       40      283       60      40-2CD @ 85 ft
       20      504       79      )
       15      308       82      ) Stacked TH7s @ 40/77 ft
       10       43       25      )
     -----------------------

     Totals   1281      303  =   1,164,429

FT-1000 with Alpha 78 amp

Op time = 16 hours

Limited operating time this weekend. Good condx overall.
First time Murphy struck here - Due to melting snow, an anchor holding
80 mtr sloper pulled out of ground and got tangled up in lower TH7. Quick
trip up the tower to fix. Bandswitch on my Alpha 78 arc'ed and wouldn't
work on 20 or 15 on Sunday afternoon. Looks like it's gonna need to be
replaced. (Anyone know if you can get one piece of the bandswitch from
ETO?)

First hour rate = 90 (40 m)
Best hour = 165 (Sunday 1200Z - 20 m)

My vote for "best filter award" goes to KY1H. Twice he plopped down within
50 Hz of me on 20 and "apparently" didn't hear me. K3WW tells me it
happened to him too. Didn't seem to affect rate much during EU runs
rate much though.

Noticed some stations giving out different powers on different bands. Hope
ARRL is aware of this when checking logs.

--

Barry N. Kutner, W2UP       Usenet/Internet: barry@w2up.wells.com
Newtown, PA                 Packet Radio: W2UP @ WB3JOE.#EPA.PA.USA.NA