N6TR Log and ergonomics

Subject: N6TR Log and ergonomics
From: becker@shell.portal.com (Celia Tony Becker)
Date: Tue Feb 21 22:02:49 1995
Walt Kornienko, K2WK, waltk@pica.army.mi wrote:
> I have a dilemma that has plagued me all my life - everything is
> too small.  I am 6'3" and find that if I practice correct posture,
> my arms are about 3-5" above any standard table.
>
> Any suggestions on how I can do to bring all desks and tables
> up 3" or 4" so I don't get the backaches I get?  Any and all
> suggestions are welcome.

I, too am tall, 6'5", and have the same troubles, (not to mention
hitting your head on low doorways and never being able to by clothing
off-the-rack), with low worksurfaces.

Fortunately, the computer revolution has brought us the inexpensive computer
workstation, (~ $75 - 100), with a lowered shelf for the keyboard, and you
can raise it off the floor with a few chunks of 2x4 lumber.

I make certain that the carroll (sp?) of shelves which sits on top of the
desk has an adjustable shelf for the monitor, so I can raise it to be just
even with the top of my head as I sit with correct posture.

As far as the operating position is concerned, I like to have the radio at
a similar height to the center of the monitor, so I can look slightly to
the right to see the logging screen, and slightly to the left to see the radio.

I like the TR Log feature of adjusting the RIT with the shift keys but what I
would really like is to be able to _TUNE_ the radio with the shift keys for
s&p without ever having to take my hand off the keyboard home position!

How about it Tree?  (You could use the control or control-shift for the RIT)

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.