Infrequent signing and dupes

Subject: Infrequent signing and dupes
From: Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL (Waltk@PICA.ARMY.MIL)
Date: Wed Feb 22 16:06:09 1995
Gerry, W1GD brings up an excellent point:

>NOT SENDING YOUR POWER!  I worked V44KAO on several bands and he was not
>sending power on every QSO.  He did respond to requests.  Maybe I'm wrong,
>but based on the activity, V44KAO was not just some casual station handing
>out a few contacts/multipliers.

Whats the deal on this guy? Does he count for the contest? Since he
never sent the correct excahnge, is it a valid QSO. If I get some
guy who just sends me 5NN, I stop and ask what his power is. Its time
consuming, but late on Sunday afternoon one tends to try that much
harder as each QSO is precious. True this may be unproductive, but
don't the rules stipulate what the right exchange should be?

73 de Walt Kornienko  -   K2WK          Internet:   waltk@pica.army.mil
DX PacketCluster:  K2WK > W3MM (FRC)    Packet:  K2WK@N2ERH.NJ.USA.NOAM

From: sellington" <sellington@mail.ssec.wisc.edu (sellington)

>I worked V44KAO on several bands and he was not
>sending power on every QSO.

I had the same experience.

Scott  K9MA