Good Kenwood Repair Facility

Subject: Good Kenwood Repair Facility
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 13:04:50 1995
If I can interrupt this idiotic "My contest is better than yours" muscle
flexing for a moment, I would like to share my positive experience with
Electronic Service Lab in repairing a broken TS930. Quite a few people asked
me to let them know this worked out...

Gene (W3ZZ) turned me on to Jim Kasunic (KA3LPC) and his ESL repair business
a few months ago when my tired 930 receiver started going intermittently
deaf. I sent it to Jim, and it was repaired, aligned (much better job than
the Kenwood East Coast did two years earlier)
and returned within a week. After doing the work I requested, he was doing a
burn-in to make sure that the receiver intermittent was gone, he discovered
and fixed another problem in the display board for no extra charge. The bill
was reasonable -$125 for parts and labor.
I waited a while to see how the radio was going to hold up before posting
this - so far so good. I use the 930 as a second to my FT990, and it seems to
be doing ok. I'm relying on it as my only radio for WPX Phone next month from
VP2E.
So go get your Kenwoods fixed - tell Jim 'NC sent you..

Now back to our regularly scheduled Sprint vs. DX test thread -
"My dad can whip your dad", blah, blah, blah...

73- Will AA4NC