80m ideas?

Subject: 80m ideas?
From: tigger@prairienet.org (Sean E. Kutzko)
Date: Thu Mar 2 10:50:54 1995

Hi, everyone-

A group of us will be in the ARRL DX contest this weekend...we're using it
as a training run for the WPX Contest...we have a new operator who needs
some real-time experience with CT and phone pileups.

We've also done some antenna work around here, which will open us to a
new possibility: running stations on 80m. Since none of us have experience
in that venture, we could use a few pointers concerning the band plan for
DX, specifically Europe and Pacific. 4/5of us are active contesters, and
all of us are Dx'ers, but we've never had any reason to work DX on 75
phone, so we're all ignorant of the band plan (we all work CW on 80m).

Any advice for some folks new to 75 SSB?

E-mail preferred, to keep traffic on the reflector to a minimum.

73, See ya this weekend as W9SZ.

Sean

--
Sean Kutzko                                         Amateur Radio: KF9PL
Urbana, IL                                          DXCC:304 worked/292 cfmd