Another log bites the dust... part deux

Subject: Another log bites the dust... part deux
From: WX9E@aol.com (WX9E@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 16:44:39 1995
Thanks to all the replies!   It's good to know that I am not the only one who
has had logs mishandled or lost.....  actually I guess it's not that good.  I
have tried to reply to each person individually, but the replies keep
coming...  probably up to about 30 by now.

Many of the replies have been from people offering advice as to what I can to
do make sure the logs get to where they're going.   To those people, I ask
you to read my posting again.  My problem has never been that the ARRL or CQ
has not gotten my logs, it is after they are received that the problem
occurrs.  The two most recent confirmation cards that I have, for IARU and
SS...  of which both logs were lost, were signed and dated by KB1LE.
 Again....  the problem has not been that the logs never get there.

I am one who believes that stuff doesn't get "lost in the mail" very often,
not nearly as often as logs do.   I have never had anything lost by the USPS.
 Call me lucky if you will, but a return postcard on the inside of the
envelope to be signed and dated by the contest staff at CQ or the League has
always been sufficient in knowing that the logs have been received.
 Certified mail with return receipt is fine, but in my in my mind overkill.

I would like some feedback from everyone, including people who haven't had
logs lost, on whether QST should publish mistakes immediately after mistakes
are brought to their attention.  Should they do this or is it okay with you
if they wait 12 months until next years results come out?  Should the
corrections be in small print or in a nice box?  Where should they go in
QST....  ie the contest calander page....?  I want to see my scores, along
with everyone elses, in the next issue of QST, or July's issue at the latest.
 I do not want to wait a year.

How and why did I get my QST so quickly?  I have no idea.  I have had several
requests for the top ten listings.....  if anyone wants them, let me know
privately.   Being that most of the League guys will be at Dayton, maybe they
sent me mine early hoping that I'd be cooled off by the time it came around.

                             :-)  <----- thing

See everyone in the Sultan's suite Thursday night

Paul  WX9E