Gentry's Squint @WA7FOE

Subject: Gentry's Squint @WA7FOE
From: WA7FOE@aol.com (WA7FOE@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 20:57:02 1995
Gentry has been fired up for 2 weeks waiting for her contest - constantly
pushing to go to the shack and practice.

Fifteen minutes before the contest - in front of the radio - the Heil Pro Set
adjusted - SHE WON'T TALK........

All she could say was " I can't say CQ Contest"

The contest started and still not a whisper from Gentry.

We listened on Alicia's Frequency at KO9Y - and she said "OK - I'll talk to
her"

Mark 1 for the log.

We then called CQ - and FUN.

When the dust settled - She had 31 Q's in 16 States, Canada and Mexico.

Bonus points should be had for Mom there with the camera and her two teenage
sisters cheering her along.

The rest of the weekend the main topic of converstaion was "why was the
contest so short".

Let's do it again soon.

Gentry
Age 6