NV6O Antenna Help Request

Subject: NV6O Antenna Help Request
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 24 12:17:36 1995
After shopping around at Visalia, and after sharing a pitcher of brew
with Steve, KN6OX, I kinda decided to rebuild my 204BA that was damaged
in the monster storm in January.

I seem to remember that an "extension kit" was available many moon ago -
I even think HRO sold one.

Anyone extended a 204 lately?  Can I just order another boom section
from Hy-Gain, or do I have to get out my hammer and carving knife?

The second half of the pitcher brought us to the conclusion that I
should rebuild my old Wilson full size 2el 40.  When I transported it
from Davis, Ca. to Folsom, I had to take a hacksaw blade to one of the
element junctions to reduce the length to something manageable.

I didn't cut the 20 foot, 2" pieces, but I did have to cut the 1-7/8"
insert joining 2 2" tubes because it wouldn't pull out.

Now I have to remove the 1-7/8" piece from the 2 2" tubes.  I guess its
stuck due to oxidation?

Is there a chemical solution?  Do I carefully slit the inside tube for a
small distance with a hacksaw blade and attempt to peel it towards the
center, get a good grip with something and yank?

I think the inside tube is six feet into the outside tube.

This antenna is a killer.  My neighbors will all roll their eyes and
shrug now.

Also I still confused about rotator choice.  Don't think I want to do
the prop-pitch thing, although the system I saw at Visalia will
obviously do the job.  Do they make B-29's anymore?

Glad to see and meet everybody this last weekend.  Cu on the air after I
figure this all out.

Eric, NV6O - still
edwoods@pacbell.com