Young Blood/FD

Subject: Young Blood/FD
From: N5RZ@aol.com (N5RZ@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 24 09:39:33 1995
Field Day is a contest.  Field Day is an emergency preparedness event (ask
the guys in CA who had the earthquake a cupla years ago during FD).  Field
Day is a family outing.  Field Day is a picnic.  Field Day is a beer-bust.

Field Day is  ......   whatever your group wants it to be.

The ARRL provides the sponsorship & selects the weekend;  you and your group
make of it what you want (out for blood, laid back,  1/2W with a 12V volt
battery,  25 transmitters, etc., etc.)

Field Day is an "operating event".  I think that describes it quite well.

CU guys on 40CW all nite long from the Midland (TX) ARC operation under
whichever call we'll use.   And I'll really enjoy the BarBQ too.

73,  Gator  N5RZ   ---------------------------;--;<<     N5RZ@aol.com