WW2Y CW WPX MM Score

Subject: WW2Y CW WPX MM Score
From: N2NU@aol.com (N2NU@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 30 22:40:12 1995
We all had a great time in the contest.... Here goes...

Band      QSOS      Pts      Mults
160            89       280          26
 80           440      1566         90
 40          1051     4160        285
 20          1787     4129        479
 15           327       513          65
 10            58         61            9

              3752    10,709       956 ==> 10,237,804     8<)  8<)

Operators:  WW2Y, N2NU, K2WI, NZ4K, KE2PF, KZ2S, KA2AEV

160/10 Meters:  IC-765, Alpha 87, Inverted L/TH6 @ 140'
80/15 Meters:  IC-765, Titan, 2el Beam @ 115' plus 2 half waves in
                      phase at 120' /5 over 5 @ 42', 72'
40 Meters:  IC-765, B&W (3-500z's), 3 over 2 at 126', 66'
20 Meters:  FT-1000, Titan, 4 over 4 at 104', 64'

6 Beverages 5-800' for 160/80 M

Miscellany:
Worked VK5GN again on that wierd straight north opening on 20.  HS is getting
downright common with 4 stations worked/3 pfxs.

Everything seemed to work pretty good, except when Peter had the
squelch turned up on 160 meters.  It took us 5 minutes of ripping the
station apart to discover that.  Thanks to Rob for his diagnosis of the
problem.

The TH6 is finally coming down this summer.  Too much interaction
with 40 meters and I'm sick of the traps moaning with the slightest
breeze.  With too many operators during the day and nothing much
to do, I got a ring up at 100' and a 10 meter beam put together.

The much mentioned crap on 40 was really a downer.  I was happy to
spend a decent amount of time on 40 and give the antenna a chance, after the
M/S efforts this winter where we didn't spend much time on
the band.  It finally seemed like we had a signal on 40.

160 was really quite good on Saturday.  Top band Peter worked lots of stuff
and pronounced the Inv-L as acceptable.  (I'll try for a better grade this
fall Peter).

Pat did a great job slugging away on 80 meters, worked some good stuff and is
welcome out from the black hole anytime.

Thanks to Lynn for letting 'PF out of his familial obligations for the
weekend.

This is gettin maudlin so I'll stop.  I must have been carried away watching
the music awards!

Enyoo