European Field Day

Subject: European Field Day
From: /G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk (/G=LAWLEYD/S=LAWLEY/PRMD=IBMMAIL/ADMD=IBMX400/C=GB/@mhs-relay.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 31 15:28:52 1995

Following the "is FD really a contest?" discussion I can confirm that in
Europe, field day is most certainly a contest. This coming weekend 3-4 June
is CW field day. Expect plenty of portable active mainly from Germany, UK,
Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark and Italy with new countries joining every year.

The contest runs from 1500z 3 June to 1500z 4 June, CW on the six bands
10-160m. Exchange is RST plus serial number. RSGB gives a certificate for
the checklog from each continent containing most QSOs with G portables.
Please come on and give out some points. Logs go to G4IQM, QTHR.

VHF field day is on the first weekend of July, and SSB field day is on the
first weekend of September.

Dave G4BUO

From: Richard Riley <RRILEY%ESA.BITNET@vm.gmd.de> (Richard Riley)
Subject: French VHF/UHF + IARU Region 1 Field Day

yes chaps it's here!

what you've all been waiting for...
..the third and final part of the French "Coupe de REF 1995"!

When:  Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th June

Where: 144 Mhz 14h00-24h00 GMT Saturday

       432, 1296, 2 and 10Ghz 04h00-14h00 GMT Sunday

I haven't looked at the rules....but assume the idea is ...work as
many French Departments and territories as possible.

..and unless the contesting population of Les Antilles has grown by
...a LOT....most of you reflectoroids won't hear a single French man say the
words:

"si-queue contest" this weekend!

Having said that...if there is a huge thermal duct opening straight
into the East Coast...I'll be "on call" to speed things along!!

"is thut uh rogdeur?"  :-))

Right...now onto a "contest" where you will hear a French "call"
if not a French "man"!

After all the talk about "field day" recently,
this weekend brings us the IARU Region 1 Field Day (CW)!

This, I can assure you, is a CONTEST!
You'll find some very serious ops on from G, DL, HB9, OZ and elsewhere.

I'll be putting F6KBF/P on the air from La Somme,but unfortunately
because of the clash with the French Cup...I'll probably
be the only F/P on the air!

G4BUO assures me he'll send all necessary details...times etc to the reflector
shortly..

a bientot!

Richard
G0JFX/F5VCO----> F6KBF/P this weekend.