WC4E / WPX - TIC Rings

Subject: WC4E / WPX - TIC Rings
From: N2NU@aol.com (N2NU@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 31 19:57:23 1995
Another opinion on TIC rings.....
Not that they are perfect, certainly quality control has not been the best,
the instructions suck and I have had my share of problems.
Also, I might be accused of having what I call "Rydberg's syndrome" named for
someone I know who has difficulty criticizing any products that he has
purchased (I guess because that would reflect poorly on the purchaser)

BUT

I have found that once you get past the instructions, the missing parts (Todd
has always been very responsive to me, at least) and
the other oddities these things work pretty well.  Yeah, the directional
indication is approximate, but I'm not using them to turn 15 element beams.
 What I have found is critical is that they are constructed meticulously,
leveled on the towers, and that a lot of care is taken.  The flexibility of
turning the lower antennas is extremely important here and I find that the
extra 60 degrees gained over a sidemount is very useful.  Once I have gotten
these things together right, they have worked flawlessly.  (only 1 year on
them so far).  Who knows, I may change my mind over time.

I do wish the company would get its act together.  By the way a bit of TIC
trivia>>>>

Can anyone out there tell me what TIC stands for?  Barry (W2UP) I know that
you know the answer, you're disqualified from this competition.  Please post
your serious (and frivilous) answers here.  All decisions by the judges are
final.

Enyoo