Canada Day Contest 1 July Rules

Subject: Canada Day Contest 1 July Rules
From: ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org (ve2zp@bbs.ve3jf.ampr.org)
Date: Sun Jun 11 22:26:34 1995
                   RAC CANADA DAY CONTEST 1995

Each year on 1 July, the anniversary of Canada's confederation, the
Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC) sponsors the Canada Day Contest.
Amateurs all over the world are invited to Canada's birthday party
on the air.
Contest Period: 0000z to 2359z 1 July 1995
Bands and Modes: 160 through 2 metres, CW and 'phone (SSB, FM, AM,
etc.)  Suggested frequencies for CW are: 25 kHz up from the band
edge. For SSB try: 1850, 3775, 7075, 7225, 14175, 21250, 28500 kHz.
Check for CW activity on the half-hour.
QSOs: Any station can work any other station for QSO credit.  You
may work the same station once on each mode on each band.  A QSO
with a station in Canada is worth 10 points.  Maritime Mobile
stations (VE) count as Canada.  QSOs with RAC official stations
are worth 20 points.  Their callsigns are: VA2RAC, VA3RAC, VA7RAC,
VE1RAC, VE4RAC, VE5RAC, VE6RAC, VE7RAC, VE8RAC, VE9RAC, VO1RAC, VO2RAC,
VY1RAC, and VY2RAC.  Stations outside Canada are worth 2 points.
CW QSOs in the conventional SSB sub-bands, SSB QSOs in the CW sub-
bands, and QSOs made or solicited through a repeater are all
invalid.
Exchange:Canadians send RST and Province or Territory.  Foreign and
VE stations send RST and serial numbers.
Multipliers: Multipliers are Canada's ten provinces two
territories, and count once on each mode on each band. There are
192 possible multipliers.  The multipliers, and their associated
prefixes are: Newfoundland (VO1 and VO2),  Nova Scotia (VE1, CY9,
CY), Qu?bec (VE2/VA2), Ontario (VE3/VA3), Manitoba (VE4),
Saskatchewan (VE5), Alberta (VE6), British Colombia (VE7/VA7),
Northwest Territories (VE8), New Brunswick (VE9), Yukon Territory
(VY1), and Prince Edward Island (VY2).
Final Score: Total your QSO points, and multiply by your multiplier
points.
         ie.: 100 VE QSOs = 1000
               10 RAC QSOs=  200    'phone multipliers= 20
              100 DX QSOs =  200        CW multipliers= 30
              210 QSOs    = 1400 points          total= 50
          1400 QSO points X 50 multiplier points = 70,000 final
     score
Classes of Entry: Certificates will be awarded to the top-scoring
entrant in each province, territory, USA call area and DXCC
     country in each of the following categories:
     1. Single Operator, All Bands;
     2. Single Operator, All Bands, Low Power (100w output or
     less);
     3. Single Operator, Single Band;
     4. Multi-operator.
     Single operators who receive multiplier-spotting assitance
     from DX Spotting or PacketCluster networks should class
     themselves as multi-operator entries.  There are no single-
     mode categories.  Multi-operator stations may operate on
     several bands simultaneously.
Entries: Must contain a summary sheet showing score calculation, a
dupe sheet listing calls woked by band and mode, a multiplier
checklist, and log sheets.  Log sheets must show time, band, mode,
call, exchange received, and QSO points claimed for each QSO.
Multipliers should be clearly marked.  Send entries to: RAC, 614
Norris Court - Unit 6, Kingston, Ontario, K7P 2R9, CANADA by 31
July, 1995.
Results: Will be published in November TCA, and will be sent to
certificate winners.
Trophies: Will be awarded to the top-scoring scoring entrants as
follows: Single operator, all bands (sponsored by Atlantic Ham
Radio); Single Operator, Low Power (sponsored by Durham Radio Sales
and Service); Single operator single band (sponsored by H.C.
MacFarlane Electronics); Multi-operator (Sponsored by Norham Radio
Inc.); Single operator, outside Canada (Jorge Bozzo LU8DQ memorial,
sponsored by Alan Goodacre VE3HX/VE2AEJ)