No subject

Subject: No subject
From: reisert@eng.pko.dec.com (reisert@eng.pko.dec.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 11:59:06 1995
> Our Field Day group is planning on using CT for "CONTEST" logging purposes,
> but I have been unable to locate the FD.DAT file.  I've looked on the AD1C's
> server and checked on the CT bulletin board, nada.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Well, you didn't search hard enough.  The file is most certainly there.

Send a command to ct-user-request@eng.pko.dec.com and in the body of the
message put the command:

        GET fd.dat

The file name must be in lower case.

73 - Jim AD1C
reisert@eng.pko.dec.com

From: becker@shell.portal.com (Tony and Celia Becker) (Tony and Celia Becker)
Subject: BULLETIN: INTERNET FIELD DAY CHALLENGE RULES

Greetings fellow US and Canadian contesters.  Here is a NEW opportunity to
compete with the elite in a real CONTEST with real MULTIPLIERS and while
making a painless contribution to the future of contesting.  Dave, W6QHS, is
sponsoring two nifty awards and the two winning entries are *guaranteed* to
be the record holders! (at least until next year).

Be the first in your club to sport our special personalized Field Day Clean
Sweep souvenir trinket.  (Useful around the shack or field day site too).
You don't wanna think about being at the September meeting without yours.

Don't let those has-beens have all the fun!  Break out the bug spray, join
in next weekend and give it your best shot.  Our wire beams are gonna be
loaded with live Qs and those mults are out there to be bagged.

INTERNET FIELD DAY CHALLENGE (IFDC)   IFDC is a new, separate contest within
the ARRL FD event for expert contesters who either mentor new contesters or
just show them how it's done.  You can join in your local clubs existing
Field Day operation or go all out with your favorite multi-op buddies.

SS-type multiplier scoring, no bonus points, and limited expert operator
time / entry categories make this a more challenging contest for the expert.
All other ARRL Field Day Rules apply.  You must submit a regular ARRL entry
in Class A or Class B including the 5W battery-powered option.

No limit to the number of transmitters including Novice Stations nor any
limit on hours for New Operators.  Any number of Expert Operators (who have
won any major contest award) may operate one or two transmitters up to 27
hours (24 if you setup before the contest) each in increments of 15 minutes
minimum.  Enter as Multi-Single or Multi-Two respectively.  Time used by
experts coaching or assisting (not-operating) does not count.

Packet spotting OK.  Work each station for scoring credit on each band/mode
but multipliers count once each only.  Multiply the regular ARRL Field Day
score, less any bonus points, by the IFDC multiplier which is the number of
ARRL and RAC sections plus NWT/Yukon worked.  A Clean Sweep is 77 sections,
for which there is a separate award.  E-mail a summary sheet, showing the
number of sections worked and separate lists of new operators and expert
operators, with expert operating times identified, number of transmitters
and their power levels, including any novice station to AE0M, Tony Becker,
becker@shell.portal.com by midnight, PDT, Sunday, July 2, 1994.  Full rules
available at the same address.

A summary of results will be posted on the internet cq-contest email
reflector and a full report will appear in the next issue of the National
Contest Journal.

A modest plaque will be awarded to the top scorers in M/S and M/2 classes.
Certificates will be sent to the top-scoring group in each section. A
suitable trinket will be sent to each group reporting a clean sweep, subject
to receiving $5 to cover costs by U.S. mail with a copy of the summary sheet
to Celia Becker, N0BBS, 3273 B Rocky Water Lane, San Jose, CA 95148.  Allow
6 weeks for delivery.

IFDC was developed in consultation with W6QHS and WN4KKN.
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.