Lightning....Zzzzaaap

Subject: Lightning....Zzzzaaap
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 29 14:26:23 1995
I get 500 volts plus, on the 80m loop fed with 450 ohm line, when it is left
floating in dry weather... Haven't had the cajones to try it with a
thunderstorm overhead...
As a farm boy, I quickly learned to avoid touching the electric fence around
the 120 acre pasture (yes, with the charger turned off - before you ask -
sheesh) in dry weather... This 3/4 mile wire would literally knock you
down... It, also, got hit by lightning on a regular basis - and it  was my
responsibility to disconnect the charger when storms were in the area to keep
it from being ruined....

  Denny