Contest Station Design

Subject: Contest Station Design
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 2 11:29:26 1995
Rule # 3 - Have an uncle in charge of sales and distribution at  ALCOA......

Denny  k8do@aol.com

From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@iconics.com> (Randy Thompson)
Subject: Possibly naive wish dept.

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Barry Kutner wrote:

> Pete - It's a great idea! I remember when I started piecing together my
> station about 5 years ago... Went thru the ARRL Antenna Handbook with
> it's Smith charts, transmission line theory, etc. and there's next to
> nothing on how to put up a tower (basics such as excavating, concrete,
> etc. etc.)
> 73

The best general purpose article I have ever seen on tower construction
was in the CQ 1995 Equipment Buyer's Guide.  Written by none other than
John Dorr, K1AR.

Check it out.  It is worth keeping a copy in your files for Elmering
sessions when you are asked what is required to put up a tower!

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
k5zd@iconics.com