KN6OX IFDC

Subject: KN6OX IFDC
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Fri Jul 7 15:32:10 1995
                      ARRL FIELD DAY       1995

      Call: KN6OX                    Country:
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Two

      BAND   CW QSO  CW QSO PTS   SSB QSO  SSB QSO PTS

      160        0       0             0       0
       80      117     234           169     169
       40       73     146           268     268
       20      105     210           103     103
       15        0       0            51      51
      PKT        1       2             0       0

               296            +       591     =    887 Total QSO

(592 CW QSO PTS + 591 SSB QSO PTS) X 2 POWER MULTIPLIER = 2,366

                2,366 X 72 SECTIONS = 170,352

EXPERIENCED OPS: NV6O, KJ6TC, AA6WJ, KF6A
        Combined time much less than 24 hours - only 11hrs cw total

UNEXPERIENCED OPS:N6UXB, KE6LOE, KN6UV <----ALL YL'S
                  KO6OU, KN6OX, WG6H, WB6IOK

                The Heil Prosets got a huge workout this year.  Usually
                the cw seats are in heavy demand, but what the hey -
                it was fun to watch the 2m crowd do hf.

                "cq fd this in KN6OX"
                "KN6OX this is W6..."(or last 2 .'s)
                "W6... - Go!"
                "KN6OX this is W6... my information is 2A Valley of the
                Dolls"
                "W6... this is KN6OX roger your 2A VD" (ficticious ca
                 sec) - "You are 2a Sugar Victor (long explanation
                follows)  -  Good luck in the contest "   -  "over"

(Stupid Phonetics and other variations of this type of exchange omitted)

                At least they got on HF and spent time learning
                something new.

We went to somewhat of an effort to put up the 204BA this year and what
did we get for our troubles?  Complaints from the less experienced ops
that 20M was "too noisy". Oh oh, I asked, "What kind of noise? Static
crashes, whistles - power leakage?"  "Oh no", he/she exclaimed - too
many loud signals!""""

As they say when the QRPer leaves the hill - "Son of a Gun!"

Eric, NV6O
edwoods@pacbell.com