IARU

Subject: IARU
From: force12@ibm.net (force12@ibm.net)
Date: Sun Jul 9 19:06:16 1995
Tried the IARU for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it!
The 24 hr. format assures some balance for the operator and
should be looked into for other contests!

My goal in this contest was to try out the new stack of C3
antennas.  The performance was most satisfactory!  All of
the other antennas are on the ground as I am doing my first
re-build of the station this summer..

I was really surprised with the conditions on both 10 and 15
as I was able to generate Eu runs with ease on each band.  I
believe the 10 and 15 meter bands were open much longer than most
people expected as both have been showing life for a couple
of weeks now!...It was very nice to have Eu runs on 15 ...even
deep Europeans were available , not the Work All IK0 type
of opening.

Had my best hour on 15 on Sat. AM and the regular time for a
15 meter opening.  Had an hour into Eu of 175, combining both
phone and CW.

20 was predictalbly good very late at night and produced good
results, even though I was not interested in 20 too much.

Now I need to get to work and get all the aluminum and tower
sections into the air that now reside on the ground!

Only operated 10/25/20 and results follow:

                        QSO             Mults           HQ

20 meters               370             23              8

15 meters               295             27              11

10 meters               150             9               0

Totals                  815             59              19

204,594 points in 8.6 hours of combined phone and cw.

Natan, W6XR/2