Filters from In'tl Radio & Computer

Subject: Filters from In'tl Radio & Computer
From: paul@paccomm.com (paul@paccomm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 12:53:29 1995
Particularly in Kenwood radios there is no comparison between the
performance of the Kenwood filters and the IRCs.
You're completely wasting your money if you put the Kenwood
filters in - their leakage, loss, etc. is awful!

When G3SXW and G3TXF went to the Solomons they took new 940s
with Kenwood filters. They could never understand why they
could operate the pile-up better with the filter switched OUT,
until I talked with Roger one day about the Kenwood filters.
Sure, enough when I explained what was going on he completely
agreed that the symptoms matched my description......

I helped fit several TS-930s and TS-940s with the IRCs and
they really transformed the rig into something pretty hot
for contesting and DXing.........

However, the IRC filters are so sharp you MUST let the 930 and 940
warm up for half an hour before aligning the carrier oscillators
otherwise things will not be optimised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    .
Paul Evans, W4/G4BKI  paul@paccomm.com  +1 (813) 874-2980    |\
Fax:+1 (813) 872-8696                                       /| \
Views expressed here are not necessarily those of PacComm  / |--\
Don't surf the net, SAIL it!                              /  |   \
Captain of S/V "Spindrift", Dunedin, FL.                 /   |----\
Tall rig (58'), Winged Keel (4' 2"), full batten main   /    |     \
PacComm Packet Radio Systems                          `------`--------]
4413 N. Hesperides St., Tampa, FL 33614-7618           \_____________/