IOTA Score

Subject: IOTA Score
From: KF8TY1@aol.com (KF8TY1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 09:08:34 1995
Part Part Time participation to try out new apartment dipole.

14 qso's
150 qso points
8 mults
1200 total points

Barry KF8TY

From: terry arthur posey <tposey@freenet.scri.fsu.edu> (terry arthur posey)
Subject: Turn it off vs. Leave it on?

Jim,

It depends on whether you are concerned about normal equipment
life-expectancy (MBTF) or risk of damage due to other forces.  Here in
the Sun Shine State, during the summer, lightning is a daily event.  Any
equipment is far more susceptible to the damaging effects of lightning if
it is connected to the power grid and turned on, regardless of the
grounding techniques that are applied.  I unplug everything.

I doubt HP's labs are subject to a lot of lightning.  I also don't think
you need to apply the same lab considerations to you ham radio
installation!

Enjoy the liquid sunshine, but isolate yourself from the lightning.

Terry N4KT