KA9FOX wedding

Subject: KA9FOX wedding
From: fredeb@norand.com (fredeb@norand.com)
Date: Fri Aug 4 09:43:22 1995
>From Scott's original post:

>You are cordially invited to attend
>the wedding of
>Laurie Mashak and Scott Neader
>on August 19th, 1995.
>  .
>Hams in the wedding:  Mike N0BSH & Chad WE9V.
>Also attending:  Paul WX9E, Paul KS9K, and possibly Paul W0AIH

Where's the bride registered?  Ham Radio Outlet?

Bill "Paul" Frede  AA0WO

From: Tony Brock-Fisher <fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com> (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Subject: Best RX antenna over salt marsh?

Hi. As a part-time station designer, I have been asked to recommend
a low-band receiving antenna for a location that has unusually good
ground; i.e. a salt marsh. I have heard many times (I think it is in
ON4UN's book) that beverages don't work so well over spectacular
grounds, as it is the ground losses that actually refract incoming
waves to produce a horizontal component parallel to a beverage
conductor. So the question is: how do EWE antennas work over
excellent ground? Anyone have experience in condx like this?
Recommendations solicitied: antenna needs to be ready for WAE!
I'll be attempting to model the EWE while awaiting replies...

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com