Best rx antenna

Subject: Best rx antenna
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Sat Aug 5 20:15:10 1995
 Fi> Hi. As a part-time station designer, I have been asked to recommend
 Fi> a low-band receiving antenna for a location that has unusually good
 Fi> ground; i.e. a salt marsh.

 Fi> -Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com

 Bi> Tony, you've got it wrong!
     (deleted)
 Bi> Over saltwater, however, a Beverage is no good since
 Bi> the low angle performance is very poor.

 Bi> 73 Bill
 Bi> N6CQ@paonline.com

Now that I took the time to really read your original posting, I realize
that you WERE speaking about salt water. Sorry for telling you a bunch of
stuff you already know!

73 Bill
N6CQ@paonline.com

From: Joe Subich" <subich@ramlink.net (Joe Subich)
Subject: Windows 95

>Have any of those who have had the opportunity to use the beta copy of
>Windows 95 tried it's compatibility with the various contest programs? I
>understand that there is no real DOS prompt in Windows 95 and that it may
>not like programs like CT. It would be good to know before installing
>Windows 95 on your computer!

Since Windows 95 is nothing more than Windows 4.0 over MSDOC 7.0, you can
easily avoid booting the graphical portion (Windows) and revert to a DOS
command line.  The keys are in CONFIG.SYS and MSDOS.SYS (MSDOS.SYS is now
a text INI file ... you add GUI=NO or some similar command [my notes are
not at home] and the Windows GUI will not start).

Since most of the programs like CT are very timing dependent, particularly
if you are using them to send CW, you don't want to be messing them up with
Windows' unreliable "multi-tasking."  Run them from DOS 7 ...

    ... Joe Subich, AD8I
        (subich@ramlink.net)