New contest publication by CQ?

Subject: New contest publication by CQ?
From: AA6KX@aol.com (AA6KX@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 7 22:21:12 1995

>While browsing the world wide web today, I came across a web page by OH2KI
>with this information at the top:
>
>-------------------
>Updated Aug 1,  1995
>
>                             CQ CONTEST
>                is the name of the new magazine!
>  First 50 page issue will come out in November 1995,
>     editor in cheaf K3EST, publisher CQ publishing.
>-------------------
>
>I don't want to start any rumors, but it sounds like the NCJ/QST thing is
>in the works at CQ... a specialized contest publication.
>
>Anybody know more?

I should let "editor in cheaf" Bob Cox respond to this one, but I know he
probably won't.  According Bob, this publication will be a color glossy
magazine which has a different target audience than the NCJ.  First off, it
will be international in scope, whereas the NCJ is U.S. only.  Secondly, per
Bob, the NCJ is for the "already converted", whereas "CQ Contest" will be
aimed at Joe Ham with the intent of getting him interested in contesting.
 K3EST claims the magazine will be oriented toward beginning contesters and
is not intended to compete with the NCJ.  I know N6KT (a.k.a. HC8A) will have
a regular column, as will several other easily-recognized names.

73...Bruce, AA6KX