Return of the Octopus

Subject: Return of the Octopus
From: CVGreene@aol.com (CVGreene@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 00:12:46 1995
I ought to sue.

K1JX

>From oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills)  Thu Aug 17 04:19:40 1995
From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)

        >>I ought to sue.   K1JX

Don't do that, lawyers charge you an arm and a leg.
Or this case, eight of 'em...

Sorry - Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu

From: J.P. Kleinhaus" <aa2du@netcom.com (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Subject: new rigs

I find it hard to believe that Yaesu would
put on a show of describing "Collins Mechanical Filters"
if they indeed had DSP in the IF. It is my understanding
that IF DSP replaces mechanical or crystal filters in
a DSP radio.  The Icom and Yaesu implementations are
not true DSP radios in that sense. They still require
standard filters...the DSP is indeed nothing
fancier than a Timewave or W9GR unit in the AF stage.

The forthcoming Kenwood rigs are TRUE IF DSP, with no
other filters necessary...I heard one on the air the
other day annd it sounded fine.  One of the design
engineers happens to live noet too far from here, and I
hope to get a listen to the receiver in the near future.

73, J.P.  AA2DU
J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com
         aa2du@aa2du.slip.netcom.com
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

TVI?? What TVI??!