ZAPPED ! It CAN happen 2 U !

Subject: ZAPPED ! It CAN happen 2 U !
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 13:10:46 1995
My condolences Bill...
My Zap took place in late October in Michigan 3 years ago ... Leaves falling,
 pumpkins on porches, and thunderstorms were the last thing on my mind
(what's left of it)... .My tower/antennas had been up over 20 years without a
problem, till then... In fact there are trees a good 10 feet taller than the
tower, with branches that actually brush the tips of the yagi at times, and
the tower still took the hit... The surge exploded the G7-144 repeater
antenna,  followed the repeater coax down into the shack...As with Bill's
hit, it was the control wiring that left the 'unplugged' rigs
vulnerable...The tab was $5000 plus...

 Cheers  ...  Denny