low temperature is good for gin

Subject: low temperature is good for gin
From: rkaufman@magic.mb.ca (rkaufman@magic.mb.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 15 20:44:00 1995
If low temps are so good for antennas and receivers, why is it
that we VEs ( especially the 4,5,6 and 8s haven's hear a damn
thing on 10 m since 1992 (Feb.). Believe me, radios may work
better, but operators do not work well in cryo-suspension. Is
it just me or are the seasons getting shorter ?

Rob VE4GV

From: steve.steltzer@paonline.com (WF3T) (WF3T)
Subject: Rufz anomalies reply summary

        Well guys, as they say "It sure was fun while it lasted". I'm off for
macreme lessons! (I'm forgetting golf already, see below) Just kidding, gee
I feel guilty enough about missing the Sprint again, I couldn't become a
part of the declining cw contest participation problem. But, I can see I
need the practice Rufz is giving me!
        THE top gun, Barry, W2UP, is running DOS on a 386 -16 with headphones
wired
in. Torgny, SM0TXT, is also running out of DOS, as is Bruce,WW1M. One guy(my
appologies, I deleted the msg by mistake and don't remember who it was)
found he scored lower when he tried it under OS2, maybe Big Blue's claim of
a better DOS than DOS has something to it :). After more experimentation, I
have found there are slight differences even under DOS between machines, but
it seems to be limited to 2 or 3 k points on the machines I tested.
        The bottom line is, though, for the score list to be meaningful, the
score
must be made running Rufz under DOS.

ps: Hey Tack, how about asking MM to put Soundblaster support in the program?
I'd hate having to redo everything connected to the computer to wire in the
headphones.

pps: I got such a great laugh out of this, I'm passing it along. Thanks, Rod.

>Wrong, don't take up Golf.......  I'm thinking of switching from Golf to
>rufz!!
>You know why it's called GOLF, cuz all the other 4 letter words were already
>used..
        Rod, w7zrc@micron.net

                                                        73,
                                                        Steve

*\*  steve.steltzer@paonline.com (WF3T)  *\*
*\*  "NO FEAR" really means "NO BRAINS"  *\*