Sprint Results: AD1C Jim MA = 2,170 (high power)

Subject: Sprint Results: AD1C Jim MA = 2,170 (high power)
From: reisert@eng.pko.dec.com (reisert@eng.pko.dec.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 10:42:20 1995
My first Sprint!  Was over at K1VR's place to try to work CE0Z on some
of the low bands, but after I got it on 40, there was nothing else to
do for an hour, so I went up to 20 SSB and tried to figure out what
was going on.  Here's the score:

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
      80         13         13
      40         41         41
      20         16         16
     -------------------------
     TOTAL       70         70   X   31 multipliers  =  2,170

66 Minutes of operation.

I ran KW, TH6 at 97' on 20, 40-2CD at 90' on 40, pair 42' phased
verticals on 80.

Oh yeah, PAPER LOGGING!  Didn't have my copy of NA with me, even
though I had been updating to the latest version earlier in the day.
DUH!

In his October 1995 column, K1AR's suggests that you should re-read
contest rules to see if there have been any changes.  Well, I should
have read them at least once!  I knew that I couldn't run on a freq,
but may not have QSYed far enough away (at least 5 KHz???) on some of
my QSOs.

Oh yeah, as a result of the PAPER logging, I suddenly jumped from
giving out #21 to #32, at least that's what I wrote in the log.

I'm looking forward to doing this again some time with a COMPUTER and
fewer DX distractions.

73 - Jim AD1C
reisert@eng.pko.dec.com