Carribean trips still on??

Subject: Carribean trips still on??
From: wb2k@ritz.mordor.com (John A. Ross, IV)
Date: Fri Sep 22 08:32:24 1995
>With all the hurricane activity in the Carribean this season I haven't
>heard much about the status of CONTEST expeditions for the CQWW contests.
>Are we going to have an even lower number of mults available this season?
>
>Might be a good time to update the Contest DX-Pedition Registry...
>
>73,
>Gary K9GS

Hi to Gary (et al):

Thanks for bringing this up. With all the devastation that has occurred in
the Carribean this late summer, one would assume that some plans might have
changed. I have spoken to a few of the folks who had plans for affected
islands, and thus far the results can be summarized in a few words:
"Yeah...So what? Just means we have a bit more work to do!" It's quite a
testament to the hardiness and dedication of some of these folks (most
notably the V2 FRC gang going to Antigua!)

On the other hand there are a few hard-hit islands (ie VP2E) that we
haven't heard from in regards to any changes of plans. If anyone knows of
any status changes, by all means, please let me know.

Thanks to all who have passed along DX-Pedition Plans. This has worked out
quite well thus far. I've gotten nothing but positive comments!

73, John - WB2K

PS. Just realized, that although I've been updating the Contest
DX-Pedition Registry on a weekly basis, I've neglected to change the
"Last updated..." line on the header page. Sorry, I'll fix it asap!
Be assured, at any time, it reflects any adiitions/changes to travel plans
that have been received in the past week.

John A. Ross, IV  - WB2K / VE2TJA [Zone 2]  (wb2k@ritz.mordor.com)
Summit, New Jersey
Contest DXpedition Registry ---------> http://www.mordor.com/wb2k