KT-34XA problems

Subject: KT-34XA problems
From: JimP911@aol.com (JimP911@aol.com)
Date: Wed Oct 4 21:50:00 1995
I had a similar problem with my KT34XA.  Turned out that a rather large
deposit of bird doo positioned itself across the fiberglass insulator on one
of the driven element trombone sections.  After I cleaned it up the problem
went away & a plastic Owl was installed on the boom.

Another possibility to consider is an oxidized connection between element
pieces.  You can't be skimpy with the Penetrox when assembling this antenna.
 It is real sensitive to even one poor connection & lets you know with SWR
problems.

Good luck with your antenna.

73 -- Jim KC1SJ