3-500Z HELP

Subject: 3-500Z HELP
From: Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM (Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 7 18:10:00 1995
     Hey Folks,

     During my long hiatus from amateur radio and contesting, there seems
     to have been an evolution in the 3-500Z triode which has left me
     somewhat confused as to which version and manufacturer to buy for the
     Sanford and Son RF deck that I just found at the local fleamarket. I
     have two (notice correct usage!) empty holes in this aluminum
     monstrosity (sic?) that are just begging for the right pair of
     3-500??s. So if some well informed RF type out there (as opposed to
     uniformed RF type like myself) could splain to me the difference
     between a Penta, Svetlana, and a ZG as compared to Eimac, I would be
     forever indebted to you. You have to understand, I crave QRO! In the
     words of the immortal KA8TIH - "I like high power!".

     All kidding aside, any help on this matter would be most appreciated.

     Thanks,

     73 de Mike, AD4VH
     mike.tope@sciatl.com