Radio Vatican 7305

Subject: Radio Vatican 7305
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 02:20:44 1995
Over the last year several people posted messages about the QRM on the bottom
end of 40M (sounds like ocean waves hitting the beach) from approx 01Z until
05Z - heard from Europe to eastern North America.  After the 1994 CQWW and
1995 ARRL DX Contests, several people pointed the finger at Radio Vatican on
7305 as the culprit.  With WN4KKN's help I dug out all the contest reflector
messages with the words "radio vatican" or "7305" in them.  There isn't a
whole lot of hard information in the messages, though some were pretty
certain about the source of the noises.

Several stations in the ARRL Monitoring Service (they look for non-amatuer
signals in amateur bands) has done some listening but hasn't been able to tie
QRM at the low end of 40m to Radio Vatican on 7305.

I've contacted most of those who had posted messages to try to get some
additional information but haven't had much response.  Can anyone else
provide more specific observations?  The better the data, the better chance
we have of cleaning things up.

73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444