Contest Station Registry

Subject: Contest Station Registry
From: WX9E@aol.com (WX9E@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 04:39:04 1995
Well, I should be in St Martin now getting warmed up for WW, but thanks to
someone named Luis, I'm stuck here in the cold and rainy Windy City,
wonderful.

The response to the station registry from the US has been good.  I'd like to
see more DX stations added to the list, along with some Canadians (there are
no VEs on the list as of now.)  There are 34 US stations and 3 DX stations on
the list.  If there any mistakes on the list, let me know.

For those who aren't aware of my project, I'm compiling a list of stations
and/or operators who are willing to open their stations to new operaters in
order for them to gain experience and hopefully get motivated to op more
contests in the future.  If you willing to let a new guy op from your place
or join a multi-op effort, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Here's who Ihave so far.

K1KP              Andover, MA
K1VR             Lincoln, MA
K5ZD/1         Wocester, MA
KY1H             Western MA
W1FY             Framingham, MA
KB1GW          Avon, CT
KE3Q             Bowie, MD
ND3F             Baltimore, MD
KA4RRU         Northern VA
AA4NC          Raleigh, NC
K1ZX/4         Tampa, FL
W4NVU         Miami, FL
AB4RX          Louisvlle, KY
WB4FLB        Bowling Green, KY
AC5CT           Dallas, TX
WB5VZL        Austin, TX
NI6T             Los Gatos, CA
W8AKS/6      Tehachapo, CA
K6XO/7         Salt Lake City, UT
K7FR             Eastern WA
N0AX/7         Seattle, WA
N6TR/7         Portland, OR
N7UJJ           Phoenix, AZ
W8FN            SouthWest OH
W8FJ            Norristown, PA
KF9PL           Central IL
K9ZO            Central IL
KO9Y            Indainapolis, IN
K9SD/0        St Louis MO
K4VX/0        Hannibal, MO
KM0L            Kansas City, MO
NX0I             Kansas City, MO
WA0PUJ       Northern MN
N2IC/0         Denver, CO

             DX Stations
F5VCO       (TM1C....)
ON4UN       (OT5T....)
PA3ERC     (PA6WPX and PI4COM)

ON4UN is going to have an entire crew of newer guys for WW SSB using OT5T!
  Great!!!!!!!    If there are any other multi-ops planned for upcoming
contests that wouldn't mind having a new guy stop by, let me know.  That's
one of the best ways for someone to learn.

Also, there are a few guys who are looking for places to operate in upcoming
contests.   Dave Kalahar, KD4HXT/7, is looking to for a place to op just
about every contest in the next couple months.  He just moved to Tucson, AZ
and doesn't have a station set up yet.  Email him at   cool-fm@theriver.com

The same goes for KK5EA.  Sim (not a typo...  Sim) is in SE Alabama and wants
to op a few contests in the coming months.  His email is
jamescs@mail.auburn.edu

Ray, WQ5L, also wants to be added to the "will guest op for food" list.  His
station is in disarray and wants to operate before he pulls all the hair out
of his head.  He's in Long Beach, Mississippi (wherever that is) and will
drive "several hours" for food, ur uh... I mean for a contest.  Email him at
rocker@datasync.com if you can give him a bowl of soup.

Then there's Fred Cady, KE7X, who is gonna be in the Atlanta area over SS CW
weekend and wants to find a place to op for a few hours on Sat before he
heads back to MT on Sun.  If you can help Fred out, let him know at
cady@mainman.ee.montana.edu

All for now

Paul  WX9E@aol.com