CQWW SSB Results PI4COM

Subject: CQWW SSB Results PI4COM
From: norf@euronet.nl (Rob Snieder PA3ERC)
Date: Mon Oct 30 18:49:00 1995
UNCHECKED LOGS PI4COM, MULTI-MULTI HIGH POWER

      160      515      524     1.02     10      55
       80      928     1058     1.14     16      67
       40     1520     2322     1.53     30     115
       20     1961     4826     2.46     40     140
       15     1077     2725     2.53     35     126
       10      274      432     1.58     18      59
     Totals   6275    11887     1.89    149     562  =>  8,451,657

Operator list:
PA3ALP,PA3BBP,PA3CAL,PA3DMH,PA3ERC,PA3EWP,
PA3FDO,PA3FQA,PB0AIC,PB0AOE,IK4SXJ.

Antennas:
10: 7 elem monobander 24 meter tower
     vertical
     YAESU FT102 400 watts
15: 5 elem monobander 24 meter tower
     4 elem monobander 18 meter tower
     KENWOOD TS850s 400 watts
20: 4 elem monobander 24 meter tower
     vertical
     YAESU FT990 400 watts
40: 2 elem monobander 28 meter tower
     dipole
     KENWOOD TS940s 400 watts
80: 1/4 wave vertical
     dipole
     3 beverages JA/USA/VK-ZL
     YAESU FT990 400 watts
160: dipole
       3 beverages JA/USA/VK-ZL
       YAESU FT990 400 watts

Logging: CT9.26 in network

Comments:
We had a very succesful contest, lots of activity on all bands. Unfortunately
the 40 meter beam rotor did not work any more
sunday afternoon, but most of them where worked. The 80 meter vertical did not
work as good as we hoped but the new 40 meter beam
did a beautiful job. Anyway we have lots of things we can improve before the
CQWW CW starts. We like to thank everybody who worked
us.

Note about split on 40/80 meter:
Because everybody is always listening on a whole frequency it would be a nice
idea to call on a
middle frequency, in that way more stations can use the frequencies
and you have less change somebody else is calling cq on your listening
frequency. For example, we call on 7045.5 listening 7224
and the USA is transmitting on 7225.5 and listening 7047. Think about
it, it might help if we stick to such a scheme.

73 de Rob

see you in the -.-.  .-- contest.