SS CW 95 LP VE4GV

Subject: SS CW 95 LP VE4GV
From: rkaufman@magic.mb.ca (rkaufman@magic.mb.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 9 00:46:00 1995
           ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1995

      Call: VE4GV                    Sec: MB
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
      Sent: # A VE4GV 72 MB                     (Distracted)

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80        9       18        -
       40      215      430        -
       20      580     1160        -
       15       25       50        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    829     1658       72

               Score:  119,376

Power Output:  150 watts     Hours of operation: _18_

Equipment Description:
Yaesu Ft-1000 (150w)
KT34XA @66ft, 40-2CD @75 ft, Inv Vee

Comments:
Amazing band "compression" on 20m. Wall to wall signals at
start.
Thank goodness for filters. Can't wait for SSB. (Yuk)Its going
be a zoo on 20. Small opening on 15 helped relieve congestion
for a while. 40 was o.k. but couldn't run very well. Quite
surprised that I missed 6 mults. Never heard WY,MT,NE during
the
entire contest. KP2N sounded like he bailed out on 15 m when
the pile
up got too crazy. Bad omen- I found and worked VY1JA on 40m
early
Saturday evening.

All told, not a bad SS. Dissapointing score, but condx from VE4
land
are the pits. It sure wasn't like 92 ! For SSB, xyl/ 2 yr old
harmonic
have been put on notice that there will be no interruptions. 24
hrs or
bust. CU in SSB
Rob VE4GV
rkaufman@magic.mb.ca