PJ9B CQWW SSB Breakdown?

Subject: PJ9B CQWW SSB Breakdown?
From: KA2AEV@aol.com (KA2AEV@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 22:19:33 1995
Anyone have a copy? I was in Antigua enjoying the warm weather and Pizza when
it was posted!
Thanks de Mike

From: Jack Fleming <oolon@eskimo.com> (Jack Fleming)
Subject: WWDXC Contest College

Here is the Course Syllabus for the Western Washington DX Club's Contest
College.  We started it to get some of our new contesters involved with
the things that make contesting REALLY fun (computer logging, entry in
classes where they can win certificates, packet, pre-contest planning,
etc.).  It seems to have worked since some of the students are
getting better scores than the Dean of Students (me)...

                      WWDXC CONTEST COLLEGE
                          COURSE SYLLABUS

   A new college is opening in the Pacific Northwest!  A series of
classes will be presented by the "WWDXC Contest College" related to
a variety ofcontesting issues and interests.
   We are always looking for prospective students and instructors for
these classes (which will take place at shacks and locations
around Seattle).  If you would like to take a class or if you
have expertise in any of these areas (or have an idea for a
class!) and would be willing to be an instructor (no experience
necessary!), please contact the Dean of Students, Jack Fleming,
WA0RJY.
   The current WWDXC Contest College course syllabus includes:

                    Compact Low Band Antennas

Where have all the sunspots gone?  The low bands are going to be
even more vital to your contest efforts in the next few years.
We will review the advantages and disadvantages of loops,
verticals, slopers, and dipoles for 160, 80, and 40 meters.  Plus
a look at the ELNEC computer program that can model antennas
before you put them up.

                        Contest Software

This is your chance to see all the various contest software
programs in action in one location.  Computer programs that will
be demonstrated include CT, NA and N6TR, plus any others that are
available.  Examples of simple circuits to wire your computer
directly to your rig for automatic sending of cw will also be
demonstrated.  Also see how to have direct frequency recognition
by your computer when you change bands on your rig.

                   Contesting Tips and Tricks

How do those guys get those big scores?  What are their secrets?
This panel discussion will include some of the best contesters in
the Northwest as they discuss how to improve your score in the
next contest.  Bring your questions and ideas!  Watch for the
video at your local rental outlet!

                         DXpeditioning

Had enough of fighting through pile-ups to grab that rare
multiplier?  How about going out and being on the other end of
the hysteria?  We will review possible destinations, what
paperwork is involved, and stories from people who have been
there.  It's a lot easier than you think!

                    JE2MAS Pile-up Simulator

This Japanese program (along with your Soundblaster sound board)
will simulate a pile-up of 18 different cw stations!  Using a CT
contest software interface you can practice sorting through pile-
ups before the next big contest.  During class you will have an
opportunity to match your pile-up skills against the other class
members!

                       Multi-Op Contesting

Those multi-op stations always seem to be everywhere on the
bands.  Hear how it is done.  Meet both station owners and guest
ops who work at these stations.  Find out how you don't need a
"Super Station" to have fun in the multi-op class.

                   Packet Assisted Contesting

What about this new class in contests?  Is it a good idea for the
casual operator?  For the Super Station?  For the tiny station?
Is it going to last?  Will it be the only class in the future?
You will know the answers after this class!

                         QRP Contesting

What can you do with just 5 watts?  Plenty!  The Northwest has
some of the best QRP contesters in the world.  Hear how they
manage to amass their startling scores.  Find out what tricks
work best.  This might just be your best route to a prize winning
certificate in the next big contest!

                        RTTY Contesting

The final frontier of contesting!  What are these weird RTTY
Contests?  What equipment do you need to run RTTY?  We will also
demonstrate the contest software (WF1B) that will operate these
contests with just a computer mouse - you never need to touch the
keyboard!

                        Soldering PL259s

We all hate those little rascals - but we have to deal with them.
Let the Quarter Century Appliance Operators' Technical Advisor,
Ward Silver, N0AX, show you how these monsters can be correctly
soldered easily and quickly.  Plus Ward will demonstrate some of
his favorite tools to make things easier on your workbench!

                         VHF Contesting

VHF contests take place on many weekends when no other contest
activity is available.  What do you need to compete in this
esoteric art?  Is a handheld enough?  What about antennas?  And
what about this "mountain-top" business?  Get the answers and
maybe find a new challenge.

               What is this Propagation Business?

Getting ready for a big contest usually includes planning a
strategy of when to be on each band and when to watch for special
openings to rare multiplier locations.  The class will also
include a review of how to use the "Mini-Prop" software to
prepare for contests.

                          Class Credits

Each class attended will earn 1 "Credit".

4 Credits earn a "Bachelor of Contesting" Diploma

7 Credits earn a "Master of Contesting" Diploma

10 Credits earn a "Doctor of Contesting" Diploma

Jack Fleming, WA0RJY ex-CN2JF ex-CT1/WA0RJY   oolon@eskimo.com
Seattle, WA   http://www.eskimo.com/~oolon/   DON'T PANIC!