SF is Alive and Well!

Subject: SF is Alive and Well!
From: jnichols@ednet1.osl.or.gov (John D. Nicholson)
Date: Tue Nov 21 08:50:11 1995

>Yes...SF DOES exist. However, I chose to make my effort in CW this year,
>and not SSB. AA6YX was on, but N6RA and W6BIP seemed to not be around.
etc. etc.

>73, Ed WA6CTA
>Mill Valley/ SF Section

        W6BIP was there for me! Last stn worked on Saturday night...

        John K7FD

From: Jay Townsend" <jayt@comtch.iea.com (Jay Townsend)
Subject: SS Report

                         ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1995

       Call: WV7Y                     Section:  Eastern Washington
       Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

       BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      -----------------------------------

      Totals   1591     3160       77

                Score:  243,320 Rough

 Power Output: 1500 watts     Hours of operation: 24

 Operator List: WA7EGA, WB7AVD, WS7I

 Equipment Description:
               Yaesu FT1000MP, Titan, Henry 2K, 2 HB 8877's, Gates
               KLM 5 el 1000
               KT34 65 feet
               5 El 15 110, 4 el at 55'
               2-el 40 120 feet
               Bobtail 75 meters

               Contest logging via Scotchlog program.

 Club Affiliation: EWARG

First contest with the 1000 MP and Jim, WB7AVD needs to get the 2.0
filter as the QRM is still too tough with only the DSP and the 2.4
filters. The radio worked well.

Biggest argument was who wanted to get the cards so Betsy, WV7Y, who
loves filling them out for some reason (beats me!) volunteered to have it
done with her call.

Bands from Eastern Washington sounded pretty good and we heard some
stations on 10 meters but never got a radio down there on Saturday and
then on Sunday there weren't any signals.