SS rules in QST ???

Subject: SS rules in QST ???
From: JGellerRVZ@aol.com (JGellerRVZ@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 25 03:07:38 1995
N3KKM queries:

>How soon before a contest are the "real" rules updated at info@arrl?
>The "other" rules are in Dec QST already.  I just requested JANVHF.RLS
>for the upcoming January VHF contest and they are still the rules for the
>1995 contest.  It even has the 1995 dates, as do the rules for the RTTY
>contest and the ARRL DX contest.

Well they must update them at least 10 days before the contest.  I pulled the
160M contest rules and summary sheet on 23NOV95 it has the correct dates
(I got the two responses before all the other mail had been dowloaded [approx
4.5 minutes]).  Besides, when was the last time there was a major change in
the ARRL sponsored contest rules.  When they added bonus points for working
the
Novices/Techs?  Although those points are out the door since they pushed the
no code license down our throats (but that was another thread!). In the end,
though, I have never had a problem receiving an answer from the automated
server.

Although, as Lyndon and others observe:

>The ARRL folks are still, for the most part, Internet challenged.

Not just challenged, but BRAIN-DEAD!  Earlier this year when I emailed a
discrepancy to the DXCC desk (I have yet to send in a DXCC update that
is error free), I specifically requested an email response to help straighten
the mess out quickly.  Two months later I got my answer via snail-mail.  This
has happened every time I sent an email, expecting an email back.  If you
folks
are sending your complaints via email, forget it.  I don't think the people
at
ARRL know how to send a response the same way (or maybe the problem is they
don't know how to download it).

Yes, I guess we will have to play the game by requesting the rules through
the info@arrl.org route (hoping that the BARC keeps the rules updated)...

Jeff N6RVZ