160 contest score

Subject: 160 contest score
From: ad4tu@esinet.net (ad4tu@esinet.net)
Date: Sun Dec 3 18:19:45 1995
AD4TU
SOA/HP
15 hrs operation

275 Q's ... 556 QSO Points x 45 mults = 25,020

NA -> 1000D -> 87a -> inverted L with 10 radials

I ususally don't post my contest results to the reflector but I thought I
would this time so I could include an explanation to anyone who worked me
between 01:00 and 04:00z on Saturday night.  The mysterious characters you
heard me send weren't cyrillic morse or any somesuch, instead they were the
inane utterances of my keyer as is succumbed to the RF in the environment.
I found that as the computer was sending CQ, exchanges etc if I moved my
hand any where near the Kent paddles that the message got garbled or
truncated.  First time this has ever happened here and I'm at a loss to
conjecture a cause. A .01 cap from center to each post-connector solved it.
Great contest, seemingly good conditions, lots of patient stations to work.
Thanks to everyone who gave me a Q and put up with the unusual CW.

de Pete, AD4TU@esinet.net
Email:      ad4tu@esinet.net