N4BP 160M Contest, Single Op

Subject: N4BP 160M Contest, Single Op
From: mmeehan@wlv.hp.com (Mike Meehan)
Date: Mon Dec 4 13:45:03 1995

Bob,

The fact that you used the ANC-4 without success is what caught my
eye...I got one before cqww cw and without it, it would have been
a failure to operate the test...The key to making these little
boxes work is what you use for a noise antenna...Using the little
whip or the shortwire simply wont cut it...I ended up using a piece
of RG8 that was just laying on the ground between my tower and shack!

So before you give up on the anc4, try some other antennas on the
noise antenna port...

Kindest Regards,
-Mike Meehan (AK6N)