next 160?

Subject: next 160?
From: V.LONG.SA@OCF.compuserve.com (V.LONG.SA@OCF.compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Dec 5 15:39:19 1995
*Message:
From: V.LONG.SA@OCGRV02
To: >INTERNET:cq-contest@tgv.com at OCF_INFORM
Contents:
    Anyone know the dates of the next 160 contests?

    ARRL? CQ? SSB? CW?

    Had lotsa fun in ARRL 160 CW!

    Scott AA8SM

From: dsraph@primenet.com (DAMON S. RAPHAEL) (DAMON S. RAPHAEL)
Subject: N7DD (NJ6D) 40M CQWW score

At 11:44 AM 11/30/95 MST, Chuck Claver wrote:

>N7DD 1995 CQWW Score:
>from Tucson, Arizona.
>
>40M single band, single-op, high power, unassisted, Zone 3:
>
>1047 QSO     37 Zones     108 Countries = 432673
>
>Guest op: NJ6D
>
>Equipment: FT1000MP + Henry 3K Ultra
>Antennas : 3elm full size @100ft, 3elm KLM at 70ft
>
>Comments:
>
>My first single op effort ever, and first contesting in more than 10 years.
>It was LOTS of fun!!!  I learned much and hope to do better next time around.
>Jim (N6IG)... give me a little more experience... ;-)  fabulous effort!!
>
>As far as the conditions go...  It was the weekend the Earth ('s geomagnetic
>field) stood still.  I had a good 6 hour JA run the first night, but the second
>night was not as good. However, good propagation on the second night made
>up for it.  I spent all of the second night splitting between JA and Europe.
>
>Where was zone 12?  Is there any political unrest in Chile? or do Chilean's
>not like CW?
>
>Cheers to all,
>de NJ6D
>Chuck Claver
>claver@noao.edu

Congratulations on ur score in CQWW CW test.

Damon, WA7IVZ

From: k3lr <k3lr@telerama.lm.com> (k3lr)
Subject: 160 and More

I was working at broadcast stations on a few DX islands last week and
thought it would be fun to try and put on two different DXCC
countries during the same contest.

160 Meter Contest

Friday Night  as V47NLR  (my new Nevis call)
TS430 with NO cw filter   Full size inverted Vee at 150'

Tougher going than I expected with no cw filter.  The antenna made
everyone so loud that I could not find a place to call CQ where
I could listen.

Didn't get on till 0230z as I had to wait for the AM station to sign
off before going on the tower to install the antenna.  Gave up at
0430z and took down the antenna in preparation to catch my flight to
VP2V early Saturday.

V47NLR    80 QSOs in 29 sections
Big signals from ON4UN, VE3EJ, K8CX, WA2EKW (who is this?)
and K8FC.

-

Saturday Night as VP2V/K3LR (my long Tortola call)
TS950 WITH a cw filter  Same full size inverted vee at 100' on
the 2nd highest mountain on Tortola.  Nothing but salt water
to the USA.

Got on at 2215z (VP2V sunset) called guys for 15 minutes, than ran
them
for another 2 hours.  It was fun to hear the sunset across the USA
as stations further west called in at their sunset.  Best rate was
142 in one hour (signing the long call after every QSO). Took
down the antenna in the dark and packed to go home early Sunday.

Couldn't hear all of the stations calling because the 160 antenna
was two feet from a 10,000 watt FM station. I should of waited
until after the contest to fix the FM station.  It was running
300 watts when I arrived.
I listened to S9 Island music through a 500 Hz filter the whole time.

VP2V/K3LR  325 QSOs in 53 sections
Big signals from the same group of guys as on V4 the night before.

Thanks to everyone who responded to me about amateur radio on
VP2V.

On other issues:

Have W3LPL and N2RM posted hour by hour breakdowns for CQ WW CW
to the reflector yet?

Does anyone have specs on small JA type PIN diodes?

Does anyone have info on station GKE at 3.543 MHz.  It is
similair to GNI on 3.517, but 20 dB louder.

What is the RTTY garbage on 3.754 MHz?  It peaks out of the
south east from western PA and was VERY strong in V47 land.
It makes operation on 3.753 dificult at times....

I didn't notice the 40 meter garbage from EU during the CQWW CW
contest.
No one else mentioned that it hurt them.  Did it really go away?

Does anyone know how to stop the CAT light on the FT1000D from
blinking off and on?  WR3G is cross eyed from watching it all
weekend....

73!
Tim K3LR

k3lr@telerama.lm.com