CQ-contest premier issue

Subject: CQ-contest premier issue
From: KY3N@aol.com (KY3N@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 23:03:41 1995
I recived my Premier !st issue of CQ`s contest today in the mail.
The mag will be read covet to cover . Its chockefull of all kind of stuff
that interest use contest type. Thers an international flair and a personal
tone to some of the articales. this mag will be a BiG
HIT.
  NOW FOR MY PET PEEVE... AM I ALONE ON THIS ISSUE?
The Old saying ' YOU CAN`T TELL A BOOK BY IT`s COVER"
You sure can`t with this one either. Just like it`s parent mag CQ
The cover shot has nothing to do with the contents of the MAG.
I viewed the cover in the promotional`s and ASSUMED  that VE3EJ would be
spotlighted in the issue.The only reference of John is on page #2 " Words
can`t begin to decribe the QTH of John Sluymer,
VE3EJ. Next time you hear him in a contest, You`ll know why he almost always
wins!"
 WelI I for one wish there were more WORDS TO DECRIBE Johns station and him
as a person. a photo or two would be ok to.
 To the beast of my knowledge these two mag`s  CQ and CQ contest
are the only  published periodicals where the COVER SHOT has nothing to do
with it`s contents!
I am still curious about all the station/ops that were on CQ
NK7U, N0RR,AA6TT,K1ZM,K1DG,K5ZD(he did a explanation on hr)
K8AZ,W5XJK4XS,W1RJ,K6UA,K9ZO,K4VX,K3ZO,N2RM,N3RSN4RJW4DR,N4AR,W1KM  THE List
go`s on and on  !!! and now VE3EJ
          All in all the contents are premo, GREAT articales inside
                                    73` Wayne KY3N
                                    KY3N@AOL.COM
ps. This remindes me of a story from my youth,  A jr in Highschool
and Sally B$#%^%^ finally  went out on a date with me ! Was She put together
! much to my surprise Sally was not what she showed on the outside (cover)
  Her overdevelopement was not a gift of nature
except the wood the tissue paper was made from.