CQ WW 160 Contest Log Checking

Subject: CQ WW 160 Contest Log Checking
From: aa4ga@stc.net (aa4ga@stc.net)
Date: Sun Jan 21 04:58:42 1996
On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 19:35:52 -0800 (PST)  Joe_Wilkowski@mc.xerox.com wrote:

>I'm sorry, I have to agree with Daves reasoning, statistically
> speaking, he will only eliminate a very few contacts using this
> process, and if you had to be the guy with the legitimate contact that
> no one else heard and stretched reasonability, then its a jungle out
> there, feces occur ........

I should say it does!  Why should a station owner put in the effort to build a
first-class station to enable him to work mults/QSOs that others won't get just
to have the contacts removed from the log?

No disrespect to the late N4IN, but just because a log checker has a "feeling"
that a QSO may not be good is no reason to remove it.  In Dave's case, there
was
QSL proof that the contact was good.  Removal of such a QSO is beyond
ridiculous.
 Talk about "stretched reasonability"  Sheesh!

The term "feces" definitely does apply.

73 de Lee

Lee Hiers
Cornelia, GA