Grounding system for a sand dune

Subject: Grounding system for a sand dune
From: ad274@lafn.org (Randy Powell)
Date: Wed Jan 24 00:04:29 1996

I've just finished soldering together 100' of 1/2" copper pipe that lies
underneath the foundation of my to-be-built garage and adjacent ham shack.
We're pouring in a day or so and I'm having second thoughts about not putting
down some ground rods and tying them into the copper pipe, which will stub
out of the wall behind the operationg position.  I figured ground rods were
unnecessary because I'm 1/2 mile from the beach along the ridge of a hill
with pure and simple sand for soil, as deep as we want to dig, likely down
50'.

So what do you think?  Any strong opinions on adding those ground rods?  I
know, couldn't hoit . . . . but any good experiencial or scientific reasons
for adding them.

Thanks, we're pouring Thursday 8 AM.

73, Randy NZ6N
ad274@lafn.org