NO SUBJECT

Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: WR34SHE@shellus.com (WR34SHE@shellus.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 14:40:45 1996
FROM: SAM EFFINGER  SIET UTILITIES
SUBJECT:
I bought a K1EA dvk board at a hamfest Saturday...I am not familiar with
this board so I have the following questions

1-  The cable that came with it is for Kenwood radio's and I need an Icom
    cable ...can I modify this cable or should I buy a new one?

2-  Would anybody possible have a Icom cable and want to trade?

3-  Any tips on installing this thing?

4-  Is this board a current model and have there been any changes...
    sn-644    DVP REV C  COPYRIGHT 1992 is stamped on the board.

5-  The guy said it worked but if I wasn't happy he would give my $25
     back..of all the things to gripe about the price won't be one...

    Also I am wondering if replacing my IC-781 with a IC-775 will get me
 improved performance...I an not unhappy with the 781 but the 775 has some
 appeal...The only drawback will be the remote tuning control which I will miss
 but since I make the things I probably can get it to work with the 775.

 If you have any comments please e-mail me at    k9sd@shellus.com

 P.S. I make the remote tuning knobs for IC-765 IC-781 Kenwood TS-930 TS-940
 and I am trying to get up enough energy to make another run of the things
 is you are interested let me know.  We have a test model working fine on the
 FT-1000 but it will require some soldering...the others are all plug and play.

                  K9SD

From: flanders@GroupZ.net (Jerry Flanders) (Jerry Flanders)
Subject: Antenna Modeling Software for Windows

There is a neat "try-before-buy" package of antenna modeling software
 for windows available at

http://www.funet.fi/pub/ham/antenna/NEC/

the file is NEC-WIN.ZIP

It is about 1.3 megs, so it takes awhile to download.

I just got it recently, and have only started evaluating it. If someone
else has already looked it over, I would appreciate hearing from you.
I had been looking for a way to visualize the output of the generic
mininec3. At first glance, this package looks like a lot more than I was
hoping for.

Jerry Flanders    W4UKU    South Carolina    flanders@groupz.net