FT1000MP review- 160m carriers

Subject: FT1000MP review- 160m carriers
From: ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk (Ron Stone)
Date: Fri Feb 2 10:23:33 1996
-----
| Ron Stone, GW3YDX -    EMail ron@gw3ydx.demon.co.uk

-----
Chaps

I have had many messages from this side that there ARE carriers on
160 on the frequencies reported in my recent review. 1827/1836.

Those messages are from people like G3RBP and G4DBN - i.e. serious
topband DXers who would tell it as it is.

The fact remains however, that my Omni 6 stubbornly refuses to
receive those signals. They are JUST audible on my trusty old TS930.

Now I am pretty sure that I am not in an RF hole here ! The plot
thickens, and if I learn anything further I will advise.

73
Ron