Surge suppressors for balanced feeders (summary)

Subject: Surge suppressors for balanced feeders (summary)
From: Pete Soper <psoper@encore.com> (Pete Soper)
Most folks pointed me toward ICE. Their model 309 (low-med power, $44) or
309H (high power, $72 in '94) 300-600 ohm balanced line suppressor is
available direct from ICE at 800-423-2666.

It doesn't appear that Polyphaser has anything, but email to one of
their consultants is pending and to see if there is something not listed
in their catalog.

One gentleman suggested the "pair of sparkplugs" setup. All other
considerations aside, I don't trust myself to set the gap properly!

Knife switches are "out there", somewhere :-)

Jerry's comments about what comes in the shack vs stays outside gets to
the heart of some hard thinking I've been doing since building the
ground window "inside". If it weren't for the balanced feeders, this
would all be so much easier. But this is for the next message.

Thanks to:

Patrick WB9IQI
Ken WM2C/6
Wade W0EJ