MARCH 96 CQ CONTEST MAG OUT!

Subject: MARCH 96 CQ CONTEST MAG OUT!
From: Charles H. Harpole" <harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Charles H. Harpole)
Here is my review of the first three issues of CQ CONTEST magazine:

I am surprised by the low quality of the writing.  It is simplistic,
often weak in grammar, redundant, and general to the point of
uselessness.  This reflector makes much more interesting reading than the
mag.   I just do not get much out of it.  The stories on operating in
foreign climes are interesting but rarely really centered on contests.
The Russia story in March issue raised my hopes until I read it -- I did
not really get the feeling of the article's title--what is it like there
today?  I did like the new QSL address (does that replace Box
88? --unclear) for all of Russia, but do I now have the assurance that
that is the place to send -- no.
        The issues seem to be written for the beginner, and that is ok,
but it still seems simplistic, and certainly does not serve those who I
think were hot to grab this mag.--the real contesters.  The ads are nice
and few repeat what QST will print, but I've already seen them in NCJ etc.
        Where is the depth?
73, K4VUD, Charlie