Tower Load Distribution

Subject: Tower Load Distribution
From: Dave Hockaday <wb4iuy@nando.net> (Dave Hockaday)
>One topic that seems to be missing from all the tower discussions I see here
>lately is the fact that it is not simply the number of square feet of
>antenna that loads the tower, but how those square feet are distributed on
>the tower as well.
>Stan  W7NI@teleport.com

Hi Stan and the gang. I've been busy and missed the beginnings of this
thread. Is there tower loading/modeling software out there for amateur
applications?? Maybe something with Rohn 25/45/55 stuff?? I have a Rohn 25
rower 100' tall. It's anchored to the house at about 10 feet, then guyed at
40, 67 and 95 feet. The guys are 3/16" aircraft cable, and each level goes
down to a separate 8 ft screw-in anchor. All anchor heads are tied together,
and there is a 4th anchor at each point with the 3 previous anchors tied to
it. The soil is hard red clay. The anchors are about 3 feet apart.

Any input?

Thanks!
73 de Dave Hockaday WB4IUY
wb4iuy@nando.net