Lightning protection without a tower

Subject: Lightning protection without a tower
From: Pete Soper <psoper@encore.com> (Pete Soper)
Your replies to the reflector, our followup email, and the huge collection
of reflector postings that Pete Smith sent have all convinced me that I need
some kind of suppressor scheme closer to the antennas as a first line of
defense. This would correspond to the typical grounded tower with coax
feeds having good paths to ground along the way down (not to imply I'd get all
the benefits of a grounded tower of course).

Have to think a while about how to do this (without spark plugs :-). But with
the ice storms and this new wrinkle, I think I won't get quite as much done
this Spring as orginally planned. Starting to feel like a system software
development project as far as blown expectations. Nah, not that bad!

-Pete
KS4XG